5/27/2011

Old Guys Rule - Father's Day Paper Bag Album


Let me say, scrapping for a man is a real challenge for me! Our Little Scraps of Heaven Design Team challenge for today was to do something for Father's Day since it is coming up soon (It's June 19th in case you were wondering!). I wanted to do something a little different than the normal, so I dug through my stash and came across these "Old guys Rule" chipboard stickers by Creative Imaginations. I also dug up some paper to match, I ended up using paper from the Granola line by Basic Grey. I figured that blues and browns would work perfectly for this project! So here is what I came up with...

I made this one a little different than I normally do my paper bag albums. I didn't want to add too many ribbons or flowers or anything girly, so I used binder clips on the side and tied a couple of ribbons to them. I used the Hawaiian Flower pattern from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs as well as the surfboard from the LSHD Fun in the Sun Monkey pattern collection. I wanted to give this album a "Dude" feel.











This album can be found for sale in my etsy shop.

Thanks for stopping by! :-)

9 comments:

Rachel said...

So fantastic! I love mini albums, what a great dad's day gift

-rwk
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Emily, this turned out amazing! I love this paper bag mini. The colors are perfect:) What a great gift! TSF!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Shelly said...

Oh my gosh, blogger seems to be working and I can leave comments! Your album turned out amazing! I adore the color scheme! TFS
Shelly
mypaperlove.blogspot.com

Jacqueline said...

Wow - great album.

Hugs ~Jacqueline
madebyjacqueline.blogspot.com
Ps. I have a blog candy giveaway on my blog check it out!

Brandy said...

How cool is this Emily :) I think that is the best justice I have seen done for Granola!

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

Emily your album is darling. Wouldn't it be cute with pictures of the g-kids pawning all over g-pa?!!

thekolbes said...

LOVE it.
Trish

faux fur hats said...

If you're wonder where paper comes from it's a good thing to know as it can help you choose the correct bags for your needs. Paper comes from tree pulp which is then squashed using a press to remove the excess liquid and then the sheets are dried until forming into a solid state, you have your sheet of paper.

plumbing said...

This is such a lovely craft. I will probably make this one of a kind art for my father because June 19 will be the time for our Dads to shine.

Post a Comment