5/16/2011

Made It Myself Mondays!

Happy Monday everyone! I was very excited when I saw that Alex over at You Had Me At Craft announced that she would be doing "Made It Myself Mondays" every week! That just gives me more motivation to start my week and get projects going! If you're interested in joining in, click the button below!



For today's project, I wanted to dig up one of my "oldies but goodies" that I did.

Do you have empty flower jars sitting around just waiting to be filled with something new? Well, alter them and fill them with embellishments!!! I have TONS of these Prima "Got Flowers" jars from years ago and they are perfect for brads and gems and other small embellishments!

First, I picked out some pretty acrylic paints that I wanted to use for the lids. After I painted them and let them dry, I covered them with sparkly nail polish as you can see below:

Second, I picked out the papers that I wanted to use with these (I chose Basic Grey's Urban Prairie line of paper):

Third, I cut the paper down to sized and punched the edges with a border punch. I glued these to the jars and then added some printed off words from my computer. Lastly, I added the finishing touches: ribbon, tags, and of coarse, prima flowers :)

Here you can see my finished product:


I hope you enjoyed this project! Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

CrafterBerly said...

How adorable! I always admire the coordinating embellishment bottles that come from Oriental Trading...what a cute way to create your own.

scrappingmamma said...

Super idea! Love this

Cristi said...

These are so adorable!!! Thank you so much for sharing!
Big HUGS
Cristi

Susan said...

Ahhhh, I love these jars! How cute are these! I'm stopping in from the Link Up above and you got yourself a new follower! I'm heading off to check out more of your projects!

Susan
www.cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

These are super. What a great way to use the papers and the recycle the bottles.

Sugarlips said...

Those are super duper cute!!!

Saundra said...

I just popped over from You Had Me At Craft. These caught my eye. Really pretty!

~Saundra :)

dreenie said...

i love the colors !!! what a cute idea !

Paperberrycards said...

These are so cute, love the colors. .

Karen said...

These are gorgeous! A rainbow of creativity, waiting to inspire... so beautiful. :o)

Hugs and blessings! :o)

Tiffany said...

Love this idea! I always save these bottles and now I know exactly what to do with them :)

Tiffany
http://sparkledmemories.blogspot.com/

Laura (tweetyb) said...

Cute!! Love the idea of painting the lids! I use these all the time! TFS! :)

bluebell-flowerwood said...

hi ,what a good idea,if i get any bottles i will do that, we are all looking to save money on our storage i have lots of craft bits love bluebell-flowerwood x.

Lori Comeau said...

Great idea. Love that they're color coded. I might try this for my buttons. TFS
http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

Hi Emily, your gorgeous bottles caught my eye at MIMM. I've just recently started creating altered bottles and I LOVE yours. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs, Sarah

danikj820 said...

Very nice! Your so talented!

Kimberly J. said...

I love altering these jars but I never thought about painting the lids!! I LOVE the colors you chose!! Great project and so pretty! :)
I saw your project over at "Made it Myself Mondays" :) Thanks for the inspiration!
Kimberly
hellocutiecrafts.blogspot.com

Jaime said...

These bottles are adorable! I have a ton of empty bottles. I might have to borrow this idea! :)

Post a Comment