5/30/2011

Happy Memorial Day!


Happy Memorial Day everyone! Are you enjoying the "unofficial" kickoff to summer? It couldn't be a more beautiful weekend here in Ohio! The sun is shining, it's warm out, lots of cookouts going on, I just love it! I did however decide to stay in for part of the day today and scrap! I was inspired by the holiday, so I decided to try something new!

I made this mini 4x4 chipboard album from scratch. I even did my own binding! I might do a tutorial on it next time that I make one of these, it was very simple to do! I also didn't have any red, white, & blue paper, so I had to dig through my scraps, so this album was made entirely from scrap papers from other projects! It makes me feel really good to use my scraps, so I'm extra proud of this little album!

My inspiration to make this album came from a challenge on the Pink by Design message board, the challenge is still open for entries through tonight, so if you want to enter, CLICK HERE. I'm always up for a good challenge, and this one seemed fun! This project also doubles for my Little Scraps of Heaven Designs design team project for today! I used the LSHD Celebrate The Fourth Pattern collection for the little bear and the stars on the cover of the album. I just love this collection, It's so festive and fun! The stamp that I used on the cover is from the Simple Joys set by Market Street Stamps. I even got out my heat gun and embossing powder for this one! I just love the look that heat embossing gives on stamps, it is just a little messy and I always forget that I have the tools to do it! I had a lot of fun making this album though, I hope you all enjoy it!










This album is available for purchase in my etsy shop :-)

Thanks for stopping by today! I also want to say a very BIG Thank You to all of those who have served and are serving our country right now for us! I have lots of friends and family members who are veterans and some who are serving right now. So thank you all for doing what you do!

3 comments:

Sherrie K. said...

Oh Emily, you did a fantastic job on this album. I just love all the details and it is put together just perfectly. Beautiful work:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

thekolbes said...

OMG Emily this is AWESOME. Totally adorable. I love it
Trish

Vicky said...

Beautifully done! I just love that Teddy bear

Post a Comment