12/16/2011

Deck the Halls with Burlap!


Happy Friday everyone! Are you all prepared for Christmas NEXT WEEK??? My how this year has just flown by! I know I say that every year at this time. I'm still not ready for Christmas and don't know if I will be even next week! I meant to make this post earlier, but with everything going on, it slipped my mind!

Last month I entered one of my new favorite challenges, the May Arts monthly challenge! The Ribbon Lady picks 25 entrants for each challenge and sends them a set of ribbon, the challenge is that you have to use every ribbon on your project. This month the challenge was using Burlap. I usually don't use a lot of burlap, but I had a lot of fun with this one!

I decided to go with a rosette wreath. I got my new Silhouette Cameo this week and wanted to play with it. The rosettes are from an svg file that I found at Lettering Delights. The fun & festive paper that I used is from Basic Grey's Jovial line.

Here's a close up and a side view:

This is also my project for the Really Reasonable Ribbon "Anything Goes" challenge! Make sure you check it out and get your project entered HERE! Also, if you're interest in these ribbons/burlap, check out Really Reasonable Ribbon! Bonnie offers some of these in her store!

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Your wreath is beautiful:)
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

Silverlark said...

What an amazing wreath! All the work is definitely worth the reward! I truly hope you win! Tjis wreath is unique and festive!!!
Pam
P_wiseman at Comcast dot net

Amanda said...

Luv the wreath! Great idea~very inspiring! I will definitely have 2 try & make it! Thznks 4 sharing~prhmangel(at)gmail(dot)com

Amanda said...

Luv the wreath! Great idea~very inspiring! I will definitely have 2 try & make it! Thznks 4 sharing~prhmangel(at)gmail(dot)com

Amanda said...

Luv the wreath! Great idea~very inspiring! I will definitely have 2 try & make it! Thznks 4 sharing~prhmangel(at)gmail(dot)com

Kerri said...

Awesome wreath!!! I have a few questions about it though....what did you use for your base and how big is your largest flower and how small is your smallest? Thanks! www.kerripowell.blogspot.com

Post a Comment