5/27/2013

Summer Home Decor

I am loving the new Memento Luxe™ from Imagine Crafts®/Tsukineko®. For my AIR project today, I wanted to share another little embossing technique with Memento Luxe™.
I had some of my daughter's school photos from this year laying around and haven't framed them yet. I honestly wanted to do something creative with them and hadn't figured it out yet... until now!

I have a bunch of MDF type board laying around, I got a whole sheet for about $8 and had it cut down into smaller pieces. So I decided to use a 6x6 piece to make a photo wall hanging. 

I started out by covering the 6x6 board with paper. Next, ink the edges with Memento Luxe™ in White Wedding Dress. This one is my favorite because you can leave it plain and it gives a nice soft look, or you can emboss with it and it becomes transparent.

I embossed the edges with some Imagine Crafts®/Tsukineko® Iridescent embossing powder to give a nice subtle sparkle.

Next, I used the Memento Luxe™ in Danube Blue and applied the same embossing technique to the edges of my photo mat.

And then did the same to some wood buttons. 

Once you have all of the pieces finished, add them to your board, slap a photo on and add some ribbon to achieve a beautiful wall decor piece! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Products Used: 
Imagine Crafts®/Tsukineko®- Memento Luxe™ in White Wedding Dress & Danube Blue, Iridescent Embossing Powder, Sponge Dauber
Authentique Paper- Seasons: Summer collection
May Arts- 382-34-27

0 comments:

Post a Comment