5/17/2013

Memento Luxe™ Self-Portrait Challenge Project

This month for one of our  Imagine Crafts®/Tsukineko® projects, we had to make a self-portrait challenge project. Typically, I would make something that wasn't an actual photo of myself, but I was playing with the new Memento Luxe™ and the brand new Irresistible collection from Authentique Paper and this is what I came up with...
Not only is it a portrait of myself (and my hubby on our wedding day), but the whole project represents me. From the paper with the music notes, to the quotes and the stenciling. I really love how this project turned out. I will show you how I achieved the results, it was a new technique for me! I've never embossed on a more vinyl type surface until now! 

Step 1- Pick out your supplies. I chose a canvas type picture frame and stencil to emboss with Memento Luxe™ ink.




Step 2- Tape your stencil to your project so it doesn’t move around on you. Take your Sponge Dauber™ and add Memento Luxe™Wedding Dress ink to your project. I dabbed it instead of smearing it so the ink wouldn’t smudge under the stencil.

Step 3- Add some clear embossing powder and apply heat with a heat tool.

Step 4- If your stencil wasn’t large enough, move it and do the same to the other side of your project until you reach your desired look.


Step 5- Add embellishments and Viola!


Products Used:
Imagine Crafts®/Tsukineko®- Memento Luxe™ Mixed Media Pigment Ink in Wedding Dress, Sponge Daubers™
Dreamweaver Crafts- LJ862 Mission Roses Stencil
American Crafts- Zing Clear Embossing Powder
Authentique Paper™- Irresistible Collection
May Arts-  390-58-09, 393-25-01, RMC-01, XL31
Petaloo- Velvet Hydrangeas: Black; Beaded Peonies: Black
Maya Road- Trinket Pins: Vintage Pearl Butterfly, Cream Heart
Maple Lane Press- 4x6 Frame


1 comments:

Pam Hornschu said...

This is really wonderful! Bethney provided this link so I could see what you've been doing with our Dreamweaver Stencils and product. Would you mind if I post this on our blog and/or our Facebook page? You can email me at: phornschu@yahoo.com

Post a Comment