10/26/2012

My Newly Re-modeled Craft Loft!

I feel like I've been waiting forever to share this blog post with all of my crafty friends! Some of you who know me know that I have been working hard on re-modeling my craft room over the past month. When we moved in to our (very aged) home earlier this year, I fell in love with the loft area as soon as you come up the stairs. I knew that this area HAD to be my craft space... just a little problem... there was no way on earth I was moving everything into this space and working around it to re-model and make it my perfect little getaway. I knew this would be a bit of a project and it would take some time, so when we moved in, I set up shop in my bedroom with most of my craft supplies spilling into our foyer. That wasn't the most attractive site, but it had to do because I had big plans for the loft area upstairs and I new someday that I would have it completed! 

About a month ago, I decided to dive in and start the project myself. I took a few "before" photos. I'm thankful that I did because I never realized what a big transition some drywall patch and a few buckets of paint could make until now. 

Here are a few before shots... 
Here's a "work in progress" shot that I took after I pulled up the carpet and started painting the ceilings... pretty much everything was in need of a paint job... especially the floors after I ripped up that disgusting carpet! 

Before I do my big reveal... I will show my inspiration for my room... I'm totally going to plug myself here... earlier this year, I was at a scrapbook convention and a lady was there selling Thirty-One gifts products. Her booth was swarmed with people so I wanted to see what it was all about. Yep, just as I suspected... a new addiction. I purchased a few organizing totes at the show... when I got home, I talked to my cousin who also sold Thirty-one and she convinced me to sign on to sell. Mainly, I did this so I could fuel my new addiction at a discount.
Then the new Summer catalog came and I was in love. The new Minty Chip pattern was it. That was what I HAD to center my craft room around. I've been waiting for the right scheme for a while, and this was it. Lime, teal, all of the pretty brown tones, some grey mixed in there... PERFECT! So I started purchasing little by little and got a few totes to load my crafty supplies in. I went to Lowe's and did a few color matches for paint colors.... and here is the end result... 

If you couldn't guess... I have done A LOT of work to this room! My husband is a carpenter, but he thought it would be cool to "let" me do this one on my own. Yeah. After I ripped up the carpet I wanted to quit, but I knew this would never be my dream room if I didn't keep truckin' along. No more holes in the walls, no more nasty carpet, no more blue ceilings! I couldn't be more happy in a room than I am when I sit in my craft room. It's like my little sanctuary! The colors make me so happy. I sit and look around and cannot believe what this room was just a few months ago and now it's everything I have dreamed of. 

It seems like everything has come together beautifully. I was able to find some fabric online for my valances that matches perfectly. I also scored a few items from a couple of thrift stores.... and now, my Thirty-one bags have a place to sit where they blend in beautifully and become a part of the room! 

One of my favorite accessories to my room... my Authentique paper racks. I love my job and I'm lucky to have this beautiful paper displayed beside my desk to look at every day! 


Another one of my new favorite accessories... this little wire/peg rolling cart thing. I picked it up for $25 at a "junk" store as I like to call it. It serves a nice purpose of holding my spools of ribbons! I was able to find some bowls at the dollar store to fit the metal circle racks, but they didn't have enough, so I'm heading back in a week to see if they have more. I plan on putting little crafty do-dads in there. 


Originally, I bought Reagan this little monster warmer for little wax melts... she calls it the "Monster Smeller" ... but I decided that it matched my room better so I hi-jacked it hehe. I think it's cute. Don't worry, I didn't steal from my 4 year old, I promised to get her a "Princess Smeller" as she calls it... from Scentsy to match her room. 

I had a little "nook" type area left over... I could have crammed it full of craft supplies (literally, I could...) but I decided to make a little "kiddie craft area" for my daughter. I color matched the lime green paint and painted an old table that I found. I need to get a white chair to match, but for now, pink will do!  

I'm not COMPLETELY finished with my room... as you could imagine, I still have to make room to hang some of my crafty creations! I have another small little nook type area as soon as you come up the stairs and I want my husband to build shelves for my mini albums and stuff to be on display. I'm sure I could add a few more things in here and there, but for now, I'm pretty proud of my big accomplishment! 

But wait... Did I stop there? NOPE! My daughter's room is connected to my craft room (with a door)... her room was also just as bad! So as my treat, she now has a beautiful pink girly bedroom! I don't have photos right now, I'm still waiting to finish a few things, but photos will be coming soon! 

Annnd here's my plug to myself....If you're interested in thirty-one products for your craft room, make sure you check out my site! I promise, you will love it! https://www.mythirtyone.com/emilylanham/

Thanks for stopping by today and checking out my crafty space! 

16 comments:

Janet's Joy said...

Emily your room is gorgeous!! You did an amazing job. I am SO JEALOUS of your Authentique rack of goodies!!

Heather (goldiecar) said...

AMAZING!!! Seriously. That's ton of work!!

Lisa said...

Emily your room is awesome!!!! You did a wonderful job! Makes me want to re-do mine. :)

JJ Sobey said...

I'm so jealous of this marvelous space - I've always wanted a space like that for my sewing room.

kim.scrapper said...

Oh my goodness, I just love your room so much and I am extremely jealous. Your colors are so fun and what an amazing space to create in, enjoy and tfs

Toneisha B. said...

Wow...what a transformation! Your room is gorgeous! Job well done!

Mommy's Crafty Creations said...

Wow it looks great!!

Veronica

moknowsall said...

Thanks for sharing your awesome new space. I need to do the same thing. Love the colors

Merilee Lane said...

You did a wonderful job on your room!! I would love to create in there, too!

That little pink chair at your daughter's kiddie craft table is adorable. It appears to be some sort of vinyl. If you decide you'd like to keep it in your craft room, you can buy spray paint for plastic (Krylon Fusion) and paint it to match instead of buying a new chair! :o)

Thanks for sharing!
Merilee

Elisa said...

Your loft is amazing! Can you tell me where you got those teal baskets? I am so in love with them. If you could email me at: elisam@gableseng.com I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Unknown said...

I know this can be of great help for all of us…Nice.
travesti

Sara Andrews said...

Wonderful job Emily!! And I love that your inspiration was a Thirty One bag.

Just Me said...

You're the craftiest bish I know!

Unknown said...

love it! love color schemes w/ brown. mine is hot pink, brown, and black. lol... awesome loft space!

Unknown said...

Emily, I love your new craft space! I'm moving soon and always gathering ideas to create my new craft room some day. I love your Authentique paper racks (the paper is gorgeous, too!) and wonder if you could share where you found the racks? Please email me: Ginger@StampinGinger.com

Enjoy your beautiful room and tfs!
Ginger

Lili living... said...

What pegboard hooks did you use to hold your paper?

Post a Comment