9/09/2013

Multi-colored Background Enhancements with Imagine Crafts & Stampendous

For my project today, I wanted to work with Authentique's "Remembrance" collection. I've had this one laying around and I have made a few projects with it so far, but I wanted to do a page for someone who was very special in my life. 


My uncle passed away almost 6 years ago and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him. It was sudden and unexpected, they say time will heal and it does. As a crafter, the best I can do is use my talent & ability to preserve the memory of those loved ones that we have lost. 


For my layout, I wanted to add some extra wow factor to the background. I used the Calligraphy Sampler cling stamp from Stampendous and Sweet Plum & Gray Flannel Memento dew drops. 

Layer the ink onto the stamp by alternating colors. You will want to pick colors that will blend well. Next, take an ink blusher and dab a little of the ink off to give a nice soft look. 

Stamp onto your background page. 

It's ok if you don't stamp the entire image, you can cover it up with photo mats & embellishments, you want the look to blend with your page as much as possible so it looks natural.

You can also stamp the photo mat to give the look of patterned paper by using a slightly darker shade of ink than your paper.

I stamped in a diagonal because I just wanted a little to show.

Add your photos and embellishments to your page.

You can see the stamped image behind the photo, and like I stated above, it blends with the background paper like it was already there. 

 Thanks for stopping by today!

Products Used:
Imagine Crafts- Memento Dew Drops: Sweet Plum, Gray Flannel, Pistachio; Ink Blushers
Stampendous- Cling Calligraphy Sampler
Authentique Paper- "Remembrance" Collection
May Arts- SM07
Petaloo- Flowers

0 comments:

Post a Comment