9/19/2011

Operation Julie's Smile


Happy Monday everyone! I'm not sure if you all have heard about this yet so I wanted to share! I'm not sure if you all know Julie Ranae, but she is a very talented lady in the scrapbooking world and she has such a sweet heart! When my friend Nicole asked me if I'd be interested in this blog hop, I jumped right on the bandwagon! This is a great cause, so please read up and spread the word!

Here is a little more info on this taken from Julie's Blog:

There are times in this life when I just
shake my head and think...
'how did I become so blessed?'

I BEG you to please bear with me
through this post because there is
some pretty amazing news to share.....

Many of you may have heard that I recently
had to have emergency oral surgery which resulted
in the removal of my front teeth.
As a child, I struggled with brittle teeth due to
some health concerns and my parents did all
they could to ensure that I went into adult-hood
with the best teeth possible. Unfortunately with age,
the brittle teeth became a problem again and well,
long story short, the dentist recommended that
I bite the bullet and have them all replaced.

I made the appointment, had the consultation
and was handed a piece of paper that said to
bring $4,000 with me to have the rest of the teeth
taken out. I was in shock because the dentist made
reference to the idea that 'it could all be worked out' ; )

Well, here I am today, missing front teeth (and a few others)
and being frustrated because I believed that this was
a procedure that would be taken care of quickly.
The unfortunate thing, is that THAT amount was JUST for the
removal of the rest of my teeth...it does not account
for the 'permanent teeth' that would need to be put in place.

When my teammate Nicole Rixon of
Sweet Stamp Shop
heard what had happened, she contacted not only
our design team, but a variety of other friends
and teammates of mine and the following was born...


There will be a benefit blog hop called
'Operation Julie's Smile'
that will take place Oct 7-9.
There are a variety of
companies and design teams who will be participating
in this hop to help raise funds for this benefit.
So far, nearly $500 in prizes have been made available and will be awarded for both participants
and those who donate.

Operation Julie's Smile
is now asking for designers/teams who would like to
be a part of the benefit hop.

If you are interested
in getting involved in this creative fundraising event,
please contact Nicole Rixon at nicolehrixon@gmail.com
The deadline to be
a part of the hop is Wednesday, Sept 28th.
Participants will be notified of the blog hop order
between Oct 3rd-5th.
This blog hop is an opportunity to have fun,
feature your blog and raise money for a friend in need.
A donation button
will be made available to all who participate.

Every little bit helps and each donation that
comes in makes it possible for me to regain
a true smile...whatever your part in our
event, I thank you from the
bottom of my heart.....

To donate to Operation Julie's Smile, please click the button below




3 comments:

Judy said...

This is wonderful:-) I will donate for sure. Is it best here or during the hop?
Judy

Emily said...

I think any time is good Judy, they are accepting donations right now :-)

Julie Ranae said...

Oh my heart is full, Emily...thank you for your kind words and for supporting this benefit. I still find myself shaking my head that there are so many people who are willing to do such a wonderful thing....I thank you so much!

Post a Comment