1/30/2011

Je Taime


Ahhh Love is in the air! With Valentine's Day quickly approaching, I thought I would attempt to make all the love themed albums that I could possibly make! For this album, I wanted to do something a little different. I had in mind for a while that I wanted to do a Paris/French Shabby Chic type of love album, but I had no clue what colors or papers to even use. As I was searching through my large paper stash, I came across these very lovely papers (I do believe they are by Fancy Pants Designs, but I'm not 100% sure), one of the papers had the word "amour" on it and I thought BINGO! That's perfect!!! So there you have it, I put together this stunning album to share with you all. I am very pleased with how it turned out! Oh, and yes, this album is made with paper bags :-)



For those of you who don't know, "Je Taime" means "I Love You" in French. I think it's such a beautiful word and I wanted to play on it throughout the album and give it a French/Paris feel. I used my Gypsy to create the title, and used my Summer in Paris Cricut Cartridge to cut the Eiffel Tower and other cuts throughout the album.

Adding ribbons to the album is not only the last step, but my favorite part of the whole process! I feel that the ribbons that you add compliments the whole design of the album. I don't have a lot of yellow in my stash, but I pulled out all of the yellow that I could here to accent the beauty of the color in this album.







In French, "Lamour" means "Love." This was also cut with the Summer in Paris Cricut Cartridge.







If you're interested in this album, you can find it on Ebay HERE

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great colors!

Tess Martello said...

It's amazingly beautiful. I love it!!

SweetSassyDiva said...

Wonderful! Our honeymoon was in Paris!
Http://sweetsassydiva-gspot.blogspot.com

SimplyMyCrafts said...

Emily, this is lovely. You are very talented!

JanaZ
(from the Cricut Boards)

Danita said...

Emily, love the paper bag albums! Good to see you are still creating as well. I am just now getting back into it. Hope to chat soon. Hugs
Dee

Post a Comment