5/09/2013

Patriotic Door Hanger- Using Memento Luxe™ on Wood





Happy Thursday! I couldn't wait to share my AIR projects for this month! I am so ready for summer and nothing kicks off summer like a beautiful patriotic paper collection from Authentique! When I think red, white, & blue, I think Pride, Patriotism, Summer & bbq's! So I was ready to dive into this project with this collection and the new Memento Luxe™ from Imagine Crafts®/Tsukineko®. This is seriously my new favorite ink.


I'm going to show you how to create this project for yourself! It will make a great little decor piece for your home this summer!

Gather your supplies. You will need a wood surface to stamp on/ink up. I chose a wooden door hanger, these can be found at your local craft store.

First, spritz your wood surface with fireworks and/or walnut ink. Allow to fully dry or dry with a heat tool before moving to the next step.

Next, grab a stencil, a stipple brush (I used #4), and some Memento Luxe™ Mixed Media Pigment Ink. Begins daubing ink all over your wood surface.

I chose a stipple brush for this one simply because it gives more of a spray paint/airbrushed effect depending on how much ink/pressure you apply.

Next, it’s time to embellish. One of my favorite quick embellishments are ribbon flowers. I always keep them in white just so I can change the colors with Fireworks and Walnut inks.

Add the rest of your embellishments. I chose paper, stickers, and ribbons, but didn’t completely cover the image so bits and pieces of the stenciling are peeking out. It appears as if it were purchased that way!
Products Used:
Imagine Crafts®/Tsukineko®- Memento Luxe™ Mixed Media Pigment Ink in Wedding Dress, Stipple Brush #4™, Memento Fireworks: Summer Sky, Paris Dusk, Lady Bug, Rhubarb Stalk; Walnut Ink: Cornflower, Walnut
Authentique Paper™- Pride Collection

May Arts- RMC-01, 377-38-14, CC03, 392-58-14, 373-15-09, PR35
The Crafters Workshop- Star Shower Stencil TCW170
Wood Door Hanger

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love the project! I may have to do your project for our 4th of July celebration! thanks!

Unknown said...

custom printed envelopes helps brand image development.

Post a Comment