3/06/2013

An Everyday Recycled Notebook

It's cold and rainy/snowy here in Southern Ohio... the perfect excuse to pull out a stack of "Spring-like" paper to play with, right? I decided to craft with the new Sunday Afternoon stack by DCWV. This stack shouts Spring in every way, the colors are perfect and it simply just makes me happy. 

I always have trouble keeping notebooks around to jot notes in, so I decided to make one for myself. 
First, I gathered some supplies. The DCWV Sunday Afternoon Mat stack was the perfect size. I cut off some cardboard flaps from a shipping box to use for my covers. Of coarse, to bind it all together, I pulled out my trusty Cinch and some spiral wires to match. 

I cut my paper down to match the sizes of cardboard and glued them to the front and back of each cover. I also cut some plain computer paper down a little smaller than the covers. 

Next, I punched holes in everything with my Cinch and added the spiral wires to bind the notebook together. 

Lastly... I decorated the cover with lots of pretty ribbon and other embellishments.

Here's a little peek at the inside. 

Viola! My recycled altered notebook! 

I also made a little matching card with some of the scraps. I love the new mat stacks from DCWV because they have the scalloped edges. The pages are perfect for little cards like this one! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Products Used:
DCWV Sunday Afternoon Mat Stack
May Arts Ribbon- 443-5-28, 393-2-501, BY66, DD57
We R Memory Keepers- Cinch V2, 1" Lemonade Spiral Binding
American Crafts- Thickers

2 comments:

A Country Twinkle said...

Very cute notebook!

Joyce said...

Love this Emily! Keep creating.

Post a Comment