8/09/2012

Sweet Stamp Shop August Release & One Year Anniversary Celebration: Day 4



Welcome to Day 4 of Sweet Stamp Shop's August release & One Year Anniversary celebration! If you came from the Sweet Stamp Shop blog, you're on the right track! 

Today's stamp set is called "Cherry Blossoms." Now if you are a fan of the Paper Made Bakery kit club, than this stamp set probably looks familiar to you! It was in one of their monthly kits over the summer and now will be available for purchase in the SSS store. 


While I was in Wal-Mart one day buying school supplies for my daughter (she starts pre-school in a few weeks... eek!) I ran across this REALLY cute clipboard in the clearance aisle for $1.50! When I put it in my cart, I had no idea what I would make with it, but I thought the least I could do is use it while helping my daughter with her writing skills. 

When I got home I thought BINGO! I won't alter it like a normal clipboard... I will break out my Opaque White Staz-On ink and STAMP on this!!! That way there aren't really any dimensional objects for papers to get stuck on. 

By the way... I couldn't get a great photo, so yes, there is a glare and you can see my reflection... the clipboard is translucent... and very shiny!!!


I love Cherry Blossoms. I always admire the photos in the spring of them in Washington DC. So so pretty! I'm so glad Nicole made this stamp set! Since I can't always go see the Cherry Blossoms up close and in person... I can at least stamp them all over the place! ;-)

Now hop right along today and see what the fabulous Stephanie has in store for you!

If you get lost along the way, here's the hop order for today! 

38 comments:

SiskiyouSue said...

So cute and still usable. Great idea.

Michelle (aka Meechelle) said...

Awesome! This is the perfect gift for a teacher, and probably a welcome break from all the food gifts that they tend to get. Love those little cherry blossoms!

Ashley H said...

This is a great idea! & it's pretty too :)

Jingle said...

Very cute!

Lizscraps said...

that is one lovely clipboard Emily..a shame to cover it up by having it hold papers.

Samantha Mann said...

what a wonderful idea to decorate the clipboard! and the cherry blossom design goes perfectly with the color! :)

Chelsea said...

Beautiful! I love the clipboard, and the stamp set. It would make such a pretty gift for a teacher.

Basement Stamper said...

very pretty, love the clipboard!

Kristi said...

Wow I love this! What a great idea!

DSW said...

What a pretty way to decorate this clipboard. Thank you.

BrynAdair said...

This is so cute. Love the color!

Cathie w said...

love this....what a great idea

cathie
scraphappycat@gmail.com

tianna said...

Beautiful!! I adore Cherry Blossoms too!!! What a great idea!!

Tianna

Miriam Prantner said...

Fun project! Love the hot pink!

sharon g said...

Wow, that is one cool project. I'd like to make one for my niece.

Kelly Latevola said...

Absolutely gorgeous Emily! Way to turn clearance into completely glamorous!

Krysta said...

Oh that's so pretty! What an awesome way to glitz up an inexpensive clipboard!

Amber Sheaves said...

I love cherry blossoms and can't wait to see the whole set!

Tracy said...

This is so cute! What a great idea!

Manhattan Mandie said...

What a fun idea! I love the color :)

Melissa Shea said...

So fun! Love the pink! Nice clearance find! Good luck with pre-k :)

Mary-Anne V said...

Great clipboard...love how you decorated it.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow! This is so pretty! I LOVE it on that pink!

StampingbugKerry said...

Ohhh love Cherry blossoms! Love attending the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC each year so its a must have image for me. As a teacher, the sentiment would be perfect to welcome new teachers to my team this year. This set is definitely calling my name!

Lalo said...

A very cool girly clipboard. My daughter would just love this for back-to-school!

Sue D said...

Very pretty way to decorate a clipboard.

Crafty Aunt Dee said...

Now that's a cute clipboard. So fun. Great job!

Joyce EJW said...

How fun and what a fun way to make the clipboard special

Katie said...

What a fun thing to have on hand...will make it fun for daughter's projects.

Rozy said...

Great idea! Very creative. Love how it turned out.

Kristina MacKeen said...

I love cherry blossoms, and this is such a cute idea! It would make a great teacher present too.

Michele Duffy said...

The staz-on looks great on this clipboard, TFS!

Unknown said...

i now apparently need opaque white stazon ink!!! thanks so much for sharing!

Lillian Child said...

Love the soft look of this clipboard. Sweet project!

maria soto said...

I love flowers! these are just beautiful

Jessica Pascarella said...

Super cute! Great gift idea!

Meagan Vaughn said...

Love the colors, thanks for sharing!

Beatrice Lawson said...

That's just glorious! Love the deep rich colour and this stamp is beautiful!

Post a Comment